of medical conditions related to productivity loss can be considered stress related.*3
in productivity was lost from the Australian Economy in 2010 due to stress related illness.*2
6.5 Working Days
are lost per employee each year due to stress. *2
is lost every year to U.S business as a consequence of stress related disorders.*1
Back, Neck & Spinal Problems
High Blood Pressure
A major study found those reporting higher stress to be 24% more likely to be absent from work more often. *5
Unproductive workers are nearly 4x more costly than absent workers. *2
Stressed workers are more than 20% more likely to quit or be planning to quit. *4
THE POWER OF CALM 14-DAY PROGRAM
BREAK THE CYCLE OF MODERN DAY STRESS.
Identify the problem
Over half of all employees surveyed admit to being overwhelmed by stress. This is a significant productivity and wellness issue.
Help employees and managers become aware of the issue and its consequences. Demystify the problem and reduce its stigma.
Educate and empower
Educate your workforce as to the nature of the problem. Deliver the resources to empower change. An educational call to action for your staff
THE POWER OF CALM PROGRAM
Innovative | Effective | Low Cost | Self-supporting
Benefits to Employees
- Awareness of the benefits of Addressing Stress and the dangers of ignoring it.
- Improved workplace experience. Learning a life skill with benefits that flow beyond the workplace.
- Avoiding the perceived stigma of having to reach out for help.
- Restoring calm, clarity and balance into daily decision making processes.
- The potential for better health and an enhanced sense of well being.
Benefits to Employers
- A healthier, happier and more productive human capital base
- Strong internal marketing and corporate communication message (branding opportunities).
- Stand out as an employer of choice by creating a caring workplace environment.
- Encourage better work-life balance in a more powerful and meaningful context.
- Improved employee retention.
WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY
The University of South Australia analysed a broad range of stress management interventions and concluded:
- Stress management initiatives were effective in reducing employee stress symptoms, improving coping responses and improving workplace performance.
- A combination of organisation level and individual focused strategies worked best.
- De-medicalised approaches were most effective.
- Providing employees with the skills and strategies to deal with stress was key to the success of these initiatives.
Stress Statistics – Statistics Brain. (2013). Statistics Brain Research Institute – Source American Psychological Association Economic Modelling of the Cost of Presenteeism in Australia: 2011 Update, KPMG Econtech Sick at Work – The cost of presenteeism to your business and the economy. Medibank Private. (2011) Leontaridi R. et al. Work Related Stress, Quitting Intentions and Absenteeism (2002), IZA DP No.493 Serxner S.A et al (2001). The impact of behavioural health risks on worker absenteeism. Job Stress – Causes, Impacts and Interventions in the Health and Community Sector. (2006). UNISA, Commissioned by Workcover NSW